Skills Inc. is an Aerospace Manufacturing and Finishing company that manufactures and processes aerospace parts. We are a self-supporting social enterprise organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit with four lines of business. Skills Inc. employs over 450 people and our social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities through direct hire, programs and service provision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Setup and operate manual knee type milling machine w/ DRO
- Setup and operate manual gap-lathe
- Inspection of machined parts to print specifications
- Using prescribed procedures, inspect part(s) or product(s) produced
- Assures compliance to specifications that will eliminate defects, scrap, rework, etc.
- Detect and report defective materials, faulty operations, and questionable matters to proper supervision
- Follows continuous improvement to insure highest quality, lowest costs and on-time delivery
- Maintains an efficient and high quality work performance; follow prescribed work rules and standard safety regulations at all times
- Daily maintains equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Assist and train those with less skills, ability and experience as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- U.S. person status, due to Export Control.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read work instructions and procedures in English
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, team oriented, and ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years related experience on manual milling and lathe equipment in a job shop environment
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common factors, decimals, and utilize mathematical formulas. And determine simple and compound angles with extensive trigonometric functions.
- Basic understanding of aerospace drawings is preferable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to lift or move 25lbs regularly
- Indoor manufacturing facility
- Occasional exposure to chemicals and fumes
- Ability to stand, walk and sit throughout the workday
- Ability to reach with hands and arms; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel material
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus
Constant Frequent Occasional
(5-8 hrs./shift) (2-5 hrs./shift) (Up to 2 hrs./shift)
Wages DOE. Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vacation and personal time, 401K. Comprehensive Wellness Program including free fresh organic fruit available daily and gym subsidies to name a few. Drug Free Workplace, EEO, ADA, Individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply. Criminal background check and drug test required.
Skills, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer