Skills Technical Services - Electrical Engineer
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Division:||Skills Technical Services|
Skills Inc. is a self-supporting social enterprise organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit with four lines of business, including Technical Services. Skills Inc. employs over 450 people and our social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities through direct hire, programs and service provision.
At this time we cannot accept candidates in need of visa sponsorship.
Skills Inc is looking for an Electrical Engineer with our customer located in Redmond, WA. This is a vendor position. Successful candidates will have at least 5 years of experience and work effectively in both individual and team settings. We're looking for individuals who are knowledgeable in designing, building and troubleshooting mixed signal systems, digital and/or analog systems. Retail consumer electronics experience along with the understanding of human interfaces such as capacitive sensing, force or pressure sensing, gesture sensing are desirable but not required. Someone who is deeply interested in innovating in new spaces, with cost and space constraints, implementing brand new experiences would be a great fit for this team.
- 5+ years of industry experience designing, building and troubleshooting mixed signal systems, digital and/or analog systems
- Familiarity with analog system design including op-amps, discrete transistor circuits, power circuits, high voltage
- Familiarity with HDI PCB design.
- Experience with Allegro/Orcad/Cadence
- Hands on circuit design experience
- Experience in a commercial environment with design for cost
- Experience with USB, Serial, I2C, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi interfaces
- Skill in digital design including microcontrollers
- Experienced with driving the design process: specifying and selecting parts, schematic capture (OrCAD a plus), layout (managing layout services),kitting parts and driving fabrication and bring-up
- Able to delegate to technicians (through manager) to amplify work load
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Firmware development
- Windows application development
B.S. degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering. An M.S. in one of these fields is a plus. In lieu of a degree, professional experience is an acceptable substitute. Our team is looking for demonstrated continual learners.
Wages DOE. Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, life, paid time off, 401K. Comprehensive Wellness Program including gym subsidies. Drug Free Workplace. Individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply. Criminal background check and drug test required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.