ABOUT SKILLS, INC.
Skills, Inc. is an Aerospace Manufacturing and Finishing company that manufactures and processes aerospace parts. We are a self-supporting social enterprise organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit with four lines of business. Skills, Inc. employs over 450 people and our social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities through direct hire, programs and service provision.
Identify and pull correct material identified on a manufacturing order, blend mismatches and break edges per drawing and specification requirements using hand and power tools and deliver finished material to other work areas, and complete detailed work order.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Position part (s) on worktable clamps as needed
- Deburr, sand, hand-scrape, mechanical-polish, sand blast and clean parts.
- Utilize production work orders, documents, drawings, and specifications, written or oral instructions to perform tasks necessary to meet production requirements.
- Identify and report defective equipment, materials, and faulty operations to lead/supervisor.
- Follow prescribed work rules and standard safety regulations at all times.
- Inspect parts for conformity to specifications.
- Maintain written and Visual Manufacturing records.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to using basic hand tools
- Ability to use basic hand tooling
- Ability to take direction from lead and supervisor to complete assigned tasks
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic mathematical skills to the work environment (such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers, fractions and decimals)
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions noted on blueprints and work instructions
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic mathematical skills to the work environment (such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers)
- Ability to identify hazardous materials and working conditions and apply the proper safety precautions and PPE required for each.
- Ability to identify, organize, estimate and recognize differences or similarities with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or verbal instructions
- Ability to adapt to change (positive or negative)
- Ability to accept of criticism and deal calmly and effectively with stressful situations
- Ability to utilize interpersonal and communication techniques, working in a team environment, and dealing with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles
U.S. Person Status Required due to Export Control
High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read work instructions and procedures in English.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift or move up to 15 lbs. constantly and 25lbs frequently
- Constant periods of standing
- Constant bending and squatting
- Constant ability to reach with hands and arms; use hands/fingers to manipulate, handle, or feel material
- Constant ability to grasp vibrating hand tools
- Constant exposure to vibration
- Constant exposure to airborne particles.
- Constant exposure to loud noise.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus
- Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Constant ability to wear personal protective equipment
Constant Frequent Occasional
(5-8 hrs./shift) (2-5 hrs./shift) (Up to 2 hrs./shift)
Wages DOE. Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, life, paid time off, 401K. Comprehensive Wellness Program including free fresh organic fruit available daily and gym subsidies to name a few. Drug Free Workplace. Individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply. Criminal background check and drug test required.
Skills Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer